Become a Member
Join I2SL in Making the World's High-Tech Facilities Sustainable
The International Institute for Sustainable Laboratories (I2SL) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the sustainable design, engineering, and operation of laboratories and other high-technology facilities. As cosponsor of the Laboratories for the 21st Century (Labs21®) conference and workshops since 2006, and now host of the I2SL Annual Conference, I 2SL is the world's premier resource for high-tech facility professionals—from education and resource development to networking and partnering—with the aim of making the world's high-tech facilities sustainable. Building and expanding on Labs21, I2SL has hosted the Labs21 Annual Conference, offered in-person workshops and online webinars, and developed resources in relevant technical areas such as sub-metering and building information modeling.
For more than a decade, the Labs21 program has been the source for individuals and organizations looking to learn more about and become engaged with laboratory sustainability. I2SL now assumes responsibility to continue the mission of Labs21 and will take the reins to ensure the information sharing and education continues among the high-tech facility community.
I2SL will look to its members to develop resources, including metering guidelines, high-tech facility operations and maintenance certification, and a laboratory performance rating system, all of which will guide the high-tech facility community toward creating more sustainable facilities. Become an I2SL Member to be on the front lines of these and other initiatives and take advantage of all that an I2SL membership has to offer.
The following benefits are available to all I2SL Members:
- Free access to all of I2SL's High-Tech Talks Webinars and the Annual Conference Presentations Archive.
- Discount on I2SL Annual Conference registration fee.
- Reduced or complimentary registration fee for some I2SL Chapter
- Invitation to identify, lead, and participate in various I2SL Working Groups and their committees and to develop training, guidance, best practices, case studies, and research initiatives.
- Open invitation to submit informative articles to I2SL's Sustainable Laboratory Times newsletter and E-Library.
- Access to a unique electronic I2SL Member logo.
- Membership identification at the I2SL Annual Conference.
- Early invitation to serve on the I2SL Annual Conference Planning Committee, which provides input on session and symposia topics, keynote speakers, workshop offerings, and tours.
- Invitation to serve on the I2SL Annual Conference Call for Presenters Abstract Review Committee and/or the Go Beyond Awards Evaluation Committee.
- Recognition as part of I2SL's Global Community, with your name and organization listed on I2SL's website.
- Consideration as one of I2SL's technical experts, to be contacted when I2SL is asked to offer a workshop or provide technical assistance.
- Membership discount on future I2SL publications.
- Accurately represent I2SL by following the organization's branding and marketing guidance and employing its mission statement.
- Pay annual membership dues as defined by I2SL:
- Individual membership dues are $185 per year
- Dues for full-time students are $25 per year
- Actively contribute to and promote the I2SL Annual Conferences, working groups and their committees, workshops and webinars, and other I2SL activities.
I2SL reserves the right to change member benefits at any time. If I2SL changes member benefits, it will notify members in advance of the benefit change(s). All activities will be undertaken at I2SL's discretion.
Chapter event registration fees and discounts are decided by each I2SL Chapter and may or may not include I2SL Member discounts.